7.05.2008

Burned

The day started well enough. I awoke to "pee potty!" being called from the boys room. After a sucessful sit it was time for some breakfast. Thats when things turned. I dumped sticky freshoffthestove oatmeal down my arm. Ouch! Jerah wanted to see a killer whale so we headed off to marine world. And although I remembered to apply sunscreen to the boys; I neglected my back that was clothed in a top that was cut too low...double ouch! We came home and Aaron started dinner, spattering his arm in hot oil. We should have taken these events as a warning but alas did not. We went out to light off fireworks and decided to let the boys try their hand at sparklers. We schooled them on where to hold it and where not to touch. They did really well until Jerah was taking his burnt out stick to the bucket of water and decided to touch the end before I could stop him. After that he wanted nothing to do with sparklers and even the big fireworks in the sky were proclaimed too hot. In the end we still had a lot of fun, the house didn't burn down, and we had another sucessful "pee potty" before bed.

Happy 4th!

Happy 4th!

Happy 4th!

Happy 4th!

No comments: