5.23.2008

6 mos old!

That's right! Maddy is 6 months old! I got to watch her today so I did her pictures...so far I've done them every 3 months and plan to continue until she is 1.

Maddy is 6 mos!

Boring photographer talk ahead.

With all the business I've been getting lately (I've been averaging a couple sessions a week, knock on wood!) its finally time to get a new camera. It is very important to have a back up camera as a photographer...if something goes wrong (and we all know the issues I've been having with my current camera) and I have no back up, I am SOL for my sessions. The 30D needs to go back to canon a 4th time (yeah thats right), and my warranty expires in a few weeks. I have no free time to send it back in with everything I have booked (including an adoption...something that can't be rescheduled!!). Buying a new camera is not something that I necessarily WANT to do but its definitely something that needs to happen. I have been trying to decide for sometime what to get. The 5D sounds awesome...full frame...awesome in the noise department...but the 40D has its benefits too...newer technology...more advanced focusing capabilities...and $1000 cheaper. Or do I wait for the 5D mark II to be released...a camera that will blow both these two out of the water but also cost over 3k...

I finally decided to get the 40D. And its not just because the cost is significantly less, although thats a plus. I haven't shot with a full frame camera before so I'm not really going to miss it. I REALLY don't want to spend a butt load of money for the new 5D...and I honestly think that the 40D is at the same level as the current 5D. I don't need to spend all that extra money just to have a full frame camera. And now I can save my pennies until I am REALLY successful and can afford the 1D mark III HA!

Sorry about that...I'm not normally so chatty! Have a good memorial day weekend everyone! I have 2 sessions and a trip in SF in store for us. Remember to give a hug to those who are serving our country!

And seriously?!? I didn't notice until now but the 1 year anniversary of this blog passed like 2 days ago! I can't believe I have stuck with it so long!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Congrats on getting a new camera! I've been seriously debating between the 5d and 40d also! I need to do some research on the 40d and see how it handles noise because that's the main thing I am concerned about!You had the xti, so you know how it handles noise, hahaha! Anyway, congrats on all your business!