5.31.2007

HDR Peacock

I got my camera back today...yeah!! However, it was so late by the time I got home that I couldn't take any pictures. So instead I decided to play around a little in photoshop tonight. When we went on our walk at the arboreum a while back we came across a peacock sitting in a tree. I tried taking some pictures but because the lighting conditions were less the optimal none of them came out any good. Luckily I decided to shoot in RAW for the very first time which let me attempt HDR (high dynamic range) with this photo. I'm pretty happy with the results and feel the picture was saved. A lot of HDR come across cartoony...I feel this is a bit more natural.

Before:

crappy original

HDR'ed

hdr peacock

Thanks for looking!

2 comments:

Shannon K. said...

Very cool! I have yet to shoot RAW...should get on that!

Dallas said...

So neat, Megan. Shooting in RAW is faaaar from what I'm capable of doing right now. Heck, I need to attempt manual first, hehe...
You and Shannon are wonderful inspiration for me!